Re: shell-command - missing shell-quote-argument for program?

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: shell-command - missing shell-quote-argument for program?
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:14:50 +0200

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:33:01 +0200
Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

#> >> - python-after-info-look: python-command
#> >
#> > But python.el seems to limit this to no whitespace, no? If so,
#> > there's no need to quote.
#>
#> Could it really be true that files that are arguments to python can
#> not contain spaces? Why should it apply here anyway, this is the
#> program path (and perhaps something added after that).
#>
#> I thought however before that it was not needed according to our earlier
#> discussion, see
#> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-10/msg00231.html.
#> python-command could include more than just the program name, perhaps.
#>
#> But on the other hand -V is concatenated to the command here so I
#> quess it is just the program path and that it should be quoted.

Doc string of python-command contains this: "Note that IPython may not
work properly; it must at least be used with the `-cl' flag, i.e. use
`ipython -cl'." I do not know if python-mode really works with
IronPython, but if we are advising people to include flags in
python-command, we probably should not be quoting it.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Smoking helps you lose weight -- one lung at a time!