Re: Starting pretest

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Starting pretest
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 17:03:46 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

>> How long has it been since we asked him for that clarification?
>> We should give up on him after a reasonable time.
>
> October 1.
>
> Even if he replies during the pretest, we can still fix the bug
> (assuming there is even a bug).  It's silly for the rest of us to be
> sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting on this.

Indeed!

Waiting for progress on _one_ (potential/real) bug should
not delay the pretest.  Particularly, when we don't have
enough information to make progress on solving it.

BTW, did anyone look at these reports?

> From: Alex Ott <address@hidden>
> Subject: emacs from cvs eat my processor on linux
> Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 16:02:15 +0400

> From: address@hidden (Michaƫl Cadilhac)
> Subject: SIGSEGV in X export display.
> Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.pretest.bugs
> Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 14:41:14 +0200

Also, there is a report about a GC problem on Cygwin (presumably)
related to a tool-bar menu-item which Eli and I have tried to dig
into.  I don't have time to pursue it right now.

Here's one of the first items in the thread:

> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Building Emacs-cvs on Cygwin
> To: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, "Kim F. Storm" <address@hidden>
> cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 02:06:17 +0200 (MET DST)

Still, I don't think any of these problems should delay the pretest.