Re: address@hidden: Re: jit lock sit-for provokes redisplay provokes ime

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: jit lock sit-for provokes redisplay provokes imenu]
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 08:47:15 -0400

    For example, `c-beginning-of-defun' and `c-end-of-defun' may trigger
    imenu to scan the buffer.

These changes are made by editing commands, so they won't happen
repeatedly while Emacs is idle.  Thus, they are not the same sort of
grave problem as stealth fontification.

Howver, I agree it would be good to handle them for imenu.  Modifying
c-save-buffer-state could be an easy way to do that, but I agree that
a general solution such as buffer-chars-modified-tick would be nice.