RE: change cursor type when idle

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: change cursor type when idle
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 06:38:17 -0700

    It's a feature that only affects users with a blinking bar or
    hbar cursor.

Why? What does changing the cursor type when Emacs is idle have to do with
blinking?

    But I agree it could be made simpler (in some way)...

I explained how I did it, which is one simpler way. And I'm sure there are
other simple ways, better than mine. Maybe I'm missing something, but I
don't see why there is any connection with blinking.

Even just using the name "blink" will make users think this feature has
something to do with cursor blinking (which it doesn't, logically), so users
not wanting blinking might miss out on this.

Why not keep it simple and implement this feature (in whatever way) on its
own?