Re: Out-of-date completions for `read-buffer'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Out-of-date completions for `read-buffer'
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:18:34 -0400

    Copying the alist for the call to Fcompleting_read (which is trivial to
    implement) would solve the reordering problems but not the ones involving
    creation/destruction; the real solution is to write a `complete-buffer'
    completion function that would re-consult the buffer list each time
    completion was needed.

    WDOT?  Is this worth fixing, and if so in which way?

I think it is worth fixing.  Copying the alist pairs as well as the
alist itself would be simple and avoid any danger of crashing.  It
would still "complete wrong" in the case of creating or killing
buffers, but that seems like a minor issue.  So I think that solution
would be fine.  However, the `complete-buffer' solution you proposed
would be fine too.

Would you like to fix it one way or the other?