Re: address@hidden: mouse-autoselect-window ne eds a delay]

From: Marshall, Simon
Subject: Re: address@hidden: mouse-autoselect-window ne eds a delay]
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:30:50 +0100

> I have focus-follows-mouse together with raise-on-focus in my window
> manager and mouse-autoselect-window in Emacs, with zero delay in both
> cases, and have never had a problem.

If you have split windows and the lower window selected, how do you move the
mouse from the lower window to the menu or tool bar without window selection
moving to the upper window?

(I can only achieve this by moving out of the Emacs frame and then into the
Emacs frame at the Emacs menu or tool bar.  And that is much easier if my WM
implements a delay for WM focus-follows-mouse, otherwise WM raise-on-focus
would cause any other window behind the Emacs frame to be raised above the
Emacs frame immediately!)

> Indeed, I love the current
> configuration.  It is much easier and more efficent for me than any
> alternative.

What alternative do you mean (other than not having
mouse-autoselect-window)?

Simon.

(I am not on the emacs-devel list, so please make any reply to me also.)