Re: address@hidden: mouse-drag-vertical-line or mouse-drag-mode-line fai

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: address@hidden: mouse-drag-vertical-line or mouse-drag-mode-line failed with complex window split]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:24:55 +1200

martin rudalics writes:
 >  > Now it works much better.
 >
 > I second that.
 >
 >  > But here another testcase:
 >
 > My dual recipe is:
 >
 > 1. emacs -Q
 > 2. C-x 3
 > 3. C-x 2
 > 4. C-x 3
 > 5. C-x 2
 >
 > At this moment I can't drag the modeline of the middle window on the
 > left (the window I created in step 5).

This looks like a contived window arrangement.  Do you actually need this
arrangement or were you just testing extreme situations?  I think we should
focus on bugs that are encountered in normal use, otherwise we really will be
here for eternity.  In your example, you can still move the mode line by
selecting it from the window to the right.

In Eugene's example, I just note that I can't move the lower mode line at all.
Also that if scroll-bar-mode is disabled, the bug with the vertical divider,
that he reported, disappears, which seems a bit odd.