Re: find-function-C-source-directory

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: find-function-C-source-directory
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 07:37:11 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Do we have a reason to believe that the sources will be in the same
place for the next session?  My Emacs sessions end only when the
system goes down (which happens once in a blue moon).  If the user
brings the sources from outside, she might as well change the location
in between.
On some OS:es you have to reboot sometimes. Upgrading, security fixes ...

But there is another difficulty too. If the user happens to give the wrong answer when prompting for the directory then it is hard to find out how to change it. Maybe there should be a simple sanity check? This could be at the prompting or (better I believe) when trying to access the sources. Then a new prompt could be issued.