Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/ChangeLog

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/ChangeLog
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:48:29 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>   When I do C-x C-f /a/b/c TAB, no star are added, but an _error_ is
>>   triggered instead of a [no match].
>
> I'm not sure it's bad, actually.

  Well,  I think  it is.  The behavior  is not  consistent  with other
  failed completions,  and debugger should  not be called on  it (with
  debug-on-error).

  If a message such  as this one has to be printed,  I think it should
  be, IMHO,  in bracket after the  text entered, like  [no match]. But
  sticking  to short  messages should  be  better, and  [no match]  is
  explicit enough.

  What  makes you  think an  error is  not so  bad, although  no other
  completion system triggers one?

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |   Pour les 35-40 ans, l'humour         |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007   |        c'est une plus-value.           |