Re: Problem report #53 -- real problem

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Problem report #53 -- real problem
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:48:59 +0900

On 5/22/06, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
This is a real problem.
Currently it IS possible to call text_property_stickiness
with a POS value that is before BEGV.

text_property_stickiness is called from get_pos_property,
which is called from find_field, which is called from
various user-level functions in editfns.c.

I made sure the other callers can't call it with a POS value before BEGV.
But this one case is hard, and I am not sure what is right to do here.

It seems like the field functions could just force POS to be >= BEGV
(if the user calls with a value outside of that, it should act like it
hit the edge of the narrowed region).  [Also <= ZV]

I'll try to add some code that does that.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.