Re: FIXED!! Re: Clarification of eval-after-load [was: Problem mit symli

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: FIXED!! Re: Clarification of eval-after-load [was: Problem mit symlinks, locate-library and load-history]
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 22:39:05 -0400

    >I don't like the use of regexp-opt.  Can you get rid of that?

    I'm not quite sure exactly what you don't like about it.

I don't like having to load it in order for Emacs to start up.
I am sure this can be implemented some other way.

    .  Thus this regexp is now only built once for each eval-after-load call,
    and regexp-opt.elc doesn't need to be preloaded.

That is somewhat of an improvement; but given how limited your use
of these regexps is, can't you construct them without regexp-opt?
I think that won't really be hard.

    HOWEVER, regexp-opt.elc WASN'T BEING LOADED AT emacs START UP, thus
    causing an error, because .../lisp/emacs-lisp isn't on load-path at emacs
    start up.

Avoiding the use of regexp-opt would eliminate the need for this, too.

Please try that; I think you will find it is not very hard.