Re: CVS Emacs cygwin build problem.

From: Steven Wu
Subject: Re: CVS Emacs cygwin build problem.
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 20:48:22 -0700

Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 07:06:39 -0700
From: "Steven Wu" <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

Currently the configure.bat allows --with-gcc, when under cygwin, it
correctly uses -mno-cygwin flag. This option allows Emacs to be built
window native with cygwin development environment.

Okay, so you are building the native Windows port.  In that case, all
you need to do is use make.exe that is not a Cygwin port (get one from
MinGW or build it yourself from the official FSF sources with the
"-mno-cygwin" switch).  Possibly, also remove the Cygwin sh.exe from
PATH (the build procedure will then use cmd.exe).  This should fix
your problems, as nt/INSTALL indicates.

I guess the advantage of my approach is that we don't need anything else. Cygwin make.exe builds the Emacs fine, except for that little thing. A simple condition can fix all the problems related to this.

steve