Re: Windows Printing

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Windows Printing
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:59:47 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
That's really not an accurate summary of what was written in that
discussion.  A more accurate summary, IMHO, would be that _sometimes_,
in rare situations with strangely configured network printers, neither
the default printer port detection that is part of the Emacs startup
on Windows, nor any of the tips and tricks in the manual, succeed in
getting Emacs to print to that printer.  (Other printers on the same
system did work, IIRC.)
Without having read the entire thread, I suspect that the problem is that some cheap printers these days do not support printing plain text. We could perhaps mention that in the manual.