Re: commands invoked by the mouse -> commands invoked from the menu bar

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: commands invoked by the mouse -> commands invoked from the menu bar
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 14:50:46 +0200

Luc Teirlinck wrote:
What is the intended behaviour? Luc expects that the dialog would not be shown when F10 down RET is used. I am not sure

If somebody invokes the menu bar from the keyboard, with the regular
mouse based menu bar interface available, then it would seem to me
that this user clearly indicates that he does not want to have
anything to do with a mouse, through preference or necessity.  If he
dislikes "classical" menu bars, how likely is he to like File
Selection dialogs?

I am not sure what you mean here Luc. There are three different things here:

  - Using the mouse or the keyboard
  - What kind of menus
  - Using the file dialog box or not

In my own case I very seldom use the mouse, but I use the w32 menus. I am used to them since I in most programs on w32 have to use the menus.

On the other hand after using Emacs for a while I am expecting prompting through the mini-buffer. That gives me the advantage of the mini-buffer histories.