Re: Simplification to mouse-avoidance-mode (patch) + redisplay bug?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Simplification to mouse-avoidance-mode (patch) + redisplay bug?
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 02:12:46 +0200

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> Then there is abug somewhere.  It could be in X but it could also be
> in Emacs event handling, i.e. we are not reading events even if they
> are in the X input queue.

It is very consistent -- as soon as a key is hit, any "left over"
mouse positions set via XWarpPointer are not reported (as MotionNotify
events).

> I hope you added x_flush,

I did.

> Are you running with SYNC_INPUT or not?

not.

>> I'm not sure how important it is to fix this, but there is a patch
>> which works for me -- of course a similar change
>> is probably needed in x_set_mouse_pixel_position.
>>

> This patch has flaws, there may be several calls to XWarpPointer
> before we see any MotionNotify events.

Sure.  I don't think the patch should be installed.

I would better leave this as is -- as it seems to be fixed
in more recent X implementations.