Re: Num_Lock under solaris 5.8

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: Num_Lock under solaris 5.8
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:20:50 +0200

    Jan> Since XLookupString gives 0 characters, that is what Emacs gets too.
    Jan> Your NumLock seems to be mapped to Mod3, I recognize this problem, I
    Jan> had it on Suns also (years ago).

yes, it's on Mod3

    Jan> Are you using a Sun keyboard?

yes

    Jan> Does your AltGr produce Mod2 (state 0x10)?

yes

    Jan> What does % xmodmap -pm

xmodmap:  up to 2 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):

shift       Shift_L (0xe8),  Shift_R (0xec)
lock        Caps_Lock (0x4e)
control     Control_L (0xe7)
mod1        Meta_L (0xea)
mod2        Mode_switch (0xed)
mod3        Num_Lock (0x5a)
mod4        Alt_L (0xe9)
mod5        Super_R (0xee)

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
What makes the universe so hard to comprehend
is that there's nothing to compare it with.