Re: gdb call with core

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: gdb call with core
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:03:07 +0200

>>>>> "nickrob" == nickrob  <address@hidden> writes:
    nickrob>
    nickrob> This is because Emacs sets the working directory to
    nickrob> <path-to-emacs> first so that you debug in the directory of the
    nickrob> executable.  If the Emacs you want to debug is in your path and
    nickrob> you know that core is in `default-directory', you can do "gdb
    nickrob> emacs core".

yes, that's how I normally work, with the image being in my path.
Since I still have emacs 21.3 first in my PATH, I had to specify the
image with its dir and to my amazement emacs didn't find the core even
though the default dir was the one with the core.

    nickrob> Otherwise you have to specify <path-to-core-dir> as
    nickrob> you say.

No big deal as you say, but it's one of the rare cases where it's more
convenient in the shell than in emacs. That's why I brought it up.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
Xerox never comes up with anything original.