Re: erroneous byte-compilation during build process?

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: erroneous byte-compilation during build process?
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 12:46:47 -0700 (PDT)

> Is my conclusion plausible?  If so, is it cause for concern that there
> may be other erroneous byte-compiled files in the installation tree?
> And does this indicate a bug in the byte compiler, or could something
> else induce the error?  The two recentf.elc files -- the one made by
> the build process and the one I byte-compiled from source -- differ in
> almost every line, as shown by diff -a, but I don't know what the
> differences mean: as far as I can tell, they only differ in cons cells
> like this:
>
> 19c19
> < (defvar recentf-list nil (#$ . 677))
> ---
> > (defvar recentf-list nil (#$ . 671))

If these are the only changes, they're entirely irrelevant; the numbers
just indicate the places in the file where the documentation can be found.
 The difference is probably a difference in the length of the file name
given in the comment block at the top.  Check for other differences, or
make the file/path names the same length for testing.

Davis

shipping.