Re: Continued development during release process

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Continued development during release process
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:32:30 -0400

    Second, once you add a pretest tag, will you make subsequent tags based
    upon that tag, or will you simply tag the trunk?

I did not understand your question at first because of some CVS jargon
I did not know, but now I understand the issue.

We don't have any rule about this.  I decide what to do,
though I don't implement it in CVS.

I want to keep people's attention focused on the release until the
release actually comes out.  So I will not relegate the coming release
22 to a branch when pretesting starts.

If we reach a late stage of pretesting where there are few bugs, and
mostly waiting for a few specific people to fix them, maybe I will
move 22 to a branch then.