Re: comint-accumulate-marker

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: comint-accumulate-marker
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:09:39 -0400

    M-x shell
    echo this is test 1 [RET]
    echo this is test 2; [C-c SPC]
    echo this is more test 2 [M-p]

    The entire accumulated command should be replaced by the previous item
    on the input history, but it is not,

It isn't clear to me which behavior is right, for this case.  After
the release we could look at the arguments for and against the change.

      In a terminal
    shell, using up arrow to recall history doesn't clobber the partially
    complete command you are composin.  If you go back down, it is still
    there (even if it's blank).  Not so in comint modes.  Going down with
    M-p only wraps you around the input ring.

This would clearly be an improvement.  Can you implement it?