Re: Symbol's function definition is void: get-load-suffixes

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Symbol's function definition is void: get-load-suffixes
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 17:19:54 -0500 (CDT)

Mathias Dahl wrote:

   It was some weeks since I last updated my CVS Emacs.

You mean before February 6?

   /home/mathias/prj/emacs/lisp/./textmodes /home/mathias/prj/emac
   s/lisp/./toolbar /home/mathias/prj/emacs/lisp/./url
   Symbol's function definition is void: get-load-suffixes
   make[3]: *** [autoloads] Error 255
   make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/mathias/prj/emacs/lisp'
   make[2]: *** [bootstrap-prepare] Error 2
   make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/mathias/prj/emacs/lisp'
   make[1]: *** [bootstrap-build] Error 2
   make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mathias/prj/emacs'
   make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

   Here is the script I use when building:

   #!/bin/bash

   cd ~/prj/emacs
   cvs update
   ./configure
   make bootstrap

   It used to work fine so I would think that the commands are okay.

   Any idea what I have done wrong?

Somehow lread.c does not seem to have been properly recompiled.
Strange, I thought that `make bootstrap' automatically recompiled all C
files.  Anyway:

make maintainer-clean
./configure
make bootstrap

should solve the problem (even though maybe `make maintainer-clean' is
overkill).  Or else you could have a sticky tag on lread.c.

Sincerely,

Luc.