Re: default-indicate-buffer-boundaries

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: default-indicate-buffer-boundaries
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:25:17 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   Is there any reason not to set default-indicate-buffer-boundaries
   to `left' by default?

When I tried out `left' and various other settings for
indicate-buffer-boundaries, I found it messy and confusing, because it
more or less at random can either hide other marks in the fringe or be
hidden by them.

I would rather turn on indicate-empty-lines by default, which offers
the main functionality of indicate-buffer-boundaries, in a much more
reliable way and without any of the drawbacks.  (It never hides or is
hidden by other marks in the fringe).

Sincerely,

Luc.