Re: allocate_string_data memory corruption

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: allocate_string_data memory corruption
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:32:15 -0500

    > But can all the known problems be fixed this way?

    At the cost of adding BLOCK_INPUT for each allocation function?  Sure, but
    I'd rather not do that.

That is the only localized simple fix we know of,
so we have to do that.

We could switch to SYNC_INPUT at some point if its problems are
solved.  One is the immediate_quit problem; Yidong seems to say there
are others.  For now, I'd rather stay with these BLOCK_INPUT calls.