Re: Problems with whole buffer Custom functions.

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Problems with whole buffer Custom functions.
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 03:27:23 +0200

> Recently more emphasized (via the mode docstring) Custom buffer
> key bindings (C-x C-s and C-c C-c) have problems.
>
> `custom-mode-map' is _not_ enabled in the entire Custom buffer.  For
> instance, it is not enabled in editable fields.

More keys are not enabled in editable fields, for instance, `n' and `p':

    Move to next button or editable field.     n
    Move to previous button or editable field. p

They can be used only until point reaches the first editable field.
After that keys get inserted literally to the field.

> I can not do the following example in `emacs -q' because it involves
> saving into .emacs, but I am pretty sure the problems are not caused
> by my customizations.
>
> Do `M-x customize-option RET double-click-time'.  Edit the value in
> the editable field and, with point still in the editable field, do
> `C-x C-s', which according to the mode doc is going to save your new
> value in your .emacs.  Note that instead you get asked in which file
> you want to save the Custom buffer.  With point still in the editable
> field, doing C-c C-c shows that it is not defined.

Perhaps cus-edit should bind `C-c C-c' and `C-x C-s' in a new keymap
inheriting from widget-field-keymap.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/