Re: Visual cleanup for customize buffers

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Visual cleanup for customize buffers
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:59:16 -0600 (CST)

Kim Storm wrote:

   Whatever the reason for the "feature", it is IMHO completely broken as
   a user interface.

(The "feature" being that the whole buffer buttons ignore hidden items.)

As I pointed out before, this is too dangerous to mess with before the
release, because Custom internals rely too heavily on it, as well as
for some other reasons.  After the release, this has to be considered
in conjunction with other possible changes which might completely
change the problem, or even make it irrelevant.  I do not see what the
purpose of continuing to discuss this _right now_ is.

What is easy and safe to do right now is to better inform people that
these buttons do not operate on groups, hidden options or options
changed outside Custom, by saying that in the text above these
buttons, as I proposed earlier.

Sincerely,

Luc.