Re: encoding needed for `browse-url' URLs (IDLWAVE html help)

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: encoding needed for `browse-url' URLs (IDLWAVE html help)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:42:33 +0000

Begin forwarded message:

Hi,

I'll submit this fix along with others in a version of IDLWAVE I'm
preparing for inclusion in Emacs 22 (which does away with the need for
vendor-supplied documentation and scans, among other things).

Thanks.
I just found another case of a similar problem, namely in lisp/ filesets.el (line 625).
I'm currently away from the emacs camp so to say and until I decide to use Emacs again I'm not able to maintain filesets.el. Also I didn't follow this discussion which is why I don't know what is the problem you're discussing. Sorry.

Apart from that, if filesets-external-viewers is the problem, I think this should be replaced with a general cross-platform solution anyway. AFAIR there are some elisp libraries that provide a similar functionality but they should really use only one service provider/ lib for this.

Cheers,
Thomas.

p.s. I didn't cc this mail to emacs-devel as I'm not subscribed.