RE: Visual cleanup for customize buffers

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Visual cleanup for customize buffers
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:45:12 -0800

    Custom is much more complex than people believe.  There are always
    more situations and much more complex situations to take into account
    than people usually do think of.

How about this as a motto for Custom:

 "Custom is much more complex than you believe,
  even if you believe that Custom is much more complex than you believe."

Anyway, I second the idea of not changing too much (if anything) in Custom
before the release. There is (IMO) so much about Custom to rework after the
release; I don't see much point in trying to improve it before the release.
And I believe Luc when he suggests that it's easy for seemingly minor tweaks
to wreak havoc or to have silent but nasty effects. Custom is far from
transparent and understandable, but it seems to be telling us this clearly:
"Leave well enough alone, for now."