More problems with flyspell

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: More problems with flyspell
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:37:42 +0100

Some recent changes in flyspell.el (flyspell-accept-buffer-local-defs) have
caused me a problem. It hit me when I updated my CVS emacs this week:

I want my email and news messages to be flyspell-checked automatically,
preferably with the right language. So in mail-mode-hook, message-mode-hook
and vm-mail-mode-hook I run a function that installs a first-change-hook.
In the latter I do some regular expression grepping to guess what language
the message is in. This only works when replying to a message, for an new
message the default is "Dutch". When I am going to enter a new message in
English, I manually run a command to reset it to English. Each time I call
(flyspell-mode 1). This used to work, but stopped with the recent version.
The reason is the optimization in flyspell-accept-buffer-local-defs. It
won't restart ispell because there was no buffer change. So I think when
flyspell-accept-buffer-local-defs is called from flyspell-mode-on it should
do its work unconditionally. This can be done by setting
flyspell-last-buffer to nil in flyspell-mode-on.

Or maybe another solution is to give flyspell-accept-buffer-local-defs a
parameter that tells whether to do the optimization and only do it in
time-critical situations.
--
Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>
Private email: address@hidden