Re: mouse.el patch for region tracking

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: mouse.el patch for region tracking
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:45:28 -0500

> The one question remaining is whether it is appropriate to delete the
> overlay (as I currently do) when transient-mark-mode is nil, and
> terminating events aren't being processed.  This means the highlighted
> region vanishes just after the drag completes.

I have a question about this part: why do you not delete the overlay when
transient-mark-mode is active?

As for the extra argument handle-terminating-event, I'd call it
"do-mouse-drag-region-post-process" and I wouldn't document what it
does, but just say that it should only be used by mouse-drag-region.

        Stefan