Re: font-lock bug in fundamental mode

From: Vincent Lefevre
Subject: Re: font-lock bug in fundamental mode
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 02:06:48 +0100

On 2005-11-27 17:34:27 -0500, Richard M. Stallman wrote:
>     Now I could test it by myself under Linux...
>
> Don't you mean "under GNU/Linux"?

Oops, sorry, yes.

> Meanwhile, I am not sure I understand this:
>
>     I've just installed the
>     emacs-snapshot-gtk Debian package:
>
> but I think it means you're not using the latest development Emacs
> sources.  In that case, it is not entirely clear what conclusion to
> draw.  Maybe you are seeing a bug that has been fixed.

I've had a mail by the package maintainer, telling me that lazy-lock
is "hopelessly buggy", and suggested not to use it (jit-lock used by
default being sufficient). This is OK for me.

In fact, I had lazy-lock selected in my .emacs for years; I didn't
know that things have been improved and that it is now useless.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <address@hidden> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>