Re: Crash in alloc.c

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Crash in alloc.c
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:41:43 +0200

Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I hope I did everything right. The backtrace looks as if I've missed
> some relevant .elc files, but I'm not sure which. Also I can't
> reproduce the problem with current cvs when I only load a minimal set
> of elisp stuff, emacs seems especially prone to crash on this box when
> I have my full .emacs loaded.
>
> Please tell me if there's anything else I can do.

Can you try the following:

In src/lisp.h, line 32, change the #if 0 to #if 1 and rebuild emacs.

Then run it as before, and report the same information as in the last
report.

This change will enable data allocation checks which hopefully will
catch the bug sooner.

I don't know the muse- or planner- stuff that's used here.
Are the traps always related to those packages?
What do they do?