Re: Anyone here tracking Ilya's recent CPerl 5.X updates?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Anyone here tracking Ilya's recent CPerl 5.X updates?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:40:33 -0400

> Ilya Zakharevich has been soliciting feedback on his CPerl 5.X "alpha" on
> comp.lang.perl.moderated, comp.emacs, gnu.emacs.help beginning Oct 18,
> 2005.

> Ilya is his interim code on http://ilyaz.org/software/emacs

> Is anyone here giving him regular CVS Emacs feedback? Byte-compiling
> his version v5.10 (October 23, 2005) seems to indicate he might need
> feedback on generalizing his VC code:

I don't use CPerl-mode, but I do try and follow its development to keep the
Emacs version up to date.  Currently all I've done is to install the version
5.2 and 5.7 on the separate ILYA branch, so I can ask CVs to do most of the
merge for me.  I'm waiting for things to stabilize before I install the new
code on the trunk.

Whenever I change something w.r.t his code I send him a note about it.
He doesn't always include the change in his version, because the change may
not be applicable to his case.

        Stefan