Re: Bug in ange-ftp parsing of ls output

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Bug in ange-ftp parsing of ls output
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:00:31 -0400

    vc.el uses its own regexp, which is similar to
    directory-listing-before-filename-regexp. Bringing this case into
    directory-listing-before-filename-regexp would require to change it to
    a macro, which might not be desirable. Or am I too stupid to see how
    to handle an empty vc-SYS-dired-state-info?

For now, let's leave it alone.  I hope Spiegel will start responding
again and that he will eventually DTRT.  Could you add a comment
next to that variable, explaining this issue and what needs to be done?