Re: rcirc.el

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: rcirc.el
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:43:24 -0400

    Included is the latest version including

             (unless (fboundp 'irc) (defalias 'irc 'rcirc))

    To minimize confusion, I think it makes sense to keep the original
    package name.

Could you write a patch for etc/NEWS?

    Also, I agree with Stefan's suggestion to add a short explanation of how
    rcirc compares to other clients (along the lines of "it's designed to be
    lightweight and not excessively customizable").

Yes, especially since we will probably install ERC as well.