Re: TUTORIAL.gz

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: TUTORIAL.gz
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:13:23 -0400

    > I don't see the point in doing that when the info manuals remain
    > uncompressed at the same time.

    Well, then let's compress the info files too.

It is not crucial whether we do this.  (That is not just an Emacs
question.)  The point is, accessing compressed info files works; if
the sysadmin compresses them, it works.

The proposal here is that accessing compresses tutorial files should
work too.  But since that is just an Emacs question, we might then
want to distribute them compressed.