Re: ispell-aspell-find-dictionary: Opening input file: no such file or d

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: ispell-aspell-find-dictionary: Opening input file: no such file or directory
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:37:17 -0400

    All dictionaries specify a .dat file (near the beginning of the binary
    file).  The aspell manual says that this is named `LANG.dat', but the
    ru-{lebedev,rk} dictionaries use ru-{lebedev,rk}.dat instead.  I'm
    reluctant to parse the dictionary file from ispell.el, and "aspell -d
    ru-lebedev config lang" gives "<unknown>" - making that return the
    name of the .dat file minus .dat would be one way of fixing the problem.

If aspell does not match what its manual says, one or the other of
them has a bug.  So it seems to me that something needs to be fixed
in the aspell package.

So how about if you and Kevin Atkinson work out how a clean
solution for this problem, and then we implement it?