Re: mh-e/mh-loaddefs.el removed from CVS

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: mh-e/mh-loaddefs.el removed from CVS
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:19:24 -0400

> It is now regenerated automatically in lisp/Makefile.
> Those of you using MH-E in CVS Emacs will need to run ./configure in
> order to rebuild lisp/Makefile from lisp/Makefile.in.

Reminds me that I think it'd be neat if autoloads.el accepted
a "autoload-destination" file-local variable, so that a file could say "my
autoloads should go to mh-loaddefs.el rather than the default loaddefs.el".

Another related "todo item" if mine in this area is to make an
(require-autoload 'feature), which would work more or less like require,
except that the byte compiler would replace it with a list of autoloads for
all the functions used in the file and provided by `feature'.

        Stefan