Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 23:22:07 +0100

Christian Schlauer <address@hidden> writes:

> What about my other suggestion: changing `internal-border-width' of
> `tooltip-frame-parameters' to 2 instead of 5?

I don't have any objection to this. The original reason for 5 was to
be consistent with GNOME, but recent versions of GNOME seem to use
less padding now (2 or 3 pixels by the look of it). We should find out
exactly what GNOME uses (it may be a fraction of the font height for
example) and try to be consistent with that.