Re: "What's This?" in Describe submenu

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: "What's This?" in Describe submenu
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:55:51 -0500 (CDT)

   > They do the same thing, that is exactly what is confusing.

   I don't see why, really.

Because I have never seen adjacent duplicate entries like this before
in any menu bar of any other application.

   No, I mean that an Emacs developer who is confused like you

Duplicate menu items like this do not only confuse Emacs developers.

   should search emacs-devel archives for possible solutions to
   his/her confusion.

I _did_ read the thread you pointed out, even _before_ you pointed it
out, as you could have seen if you had read my messages, and it did
not exactly convince me that the duplicate items were a good idea.
There was a lot of miscommunication, misunderstanding and confusion in
that thread.

   The tooltip that pops up for that menu item does make this clear.

No, it still leaves you wondering what on earth the difference is and
why that difference is not clearly explained in the tooltips.

Sincerely,

Luc.