Re: Emacs icons

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: Emacs icons
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:21:18 +0200

RMS> This approach is going in the wrong direction.  It is too hard to
RMS> see, and it doesn't focus on the important thing, which is
RMS> "Emacs".

Indeed, I did not notice it since I *knew* it was Emacs.

RMS> By the way, I see people sending both 48x48 and 16x16 icons.
RMS> When is the 48x48 used, and when is the 16x16 used?

Hmmm, I see 48x48 icons  in WindowMaker and GNUStep (applications) and
in Gnome and KDE icon sets. Mac OS X could use even larger ones.

As far I  remember, 16x16 are used in menus, "the  bar with start" and
in the task manager in Windows. If I'm not wrong KDE and GNOME use
them in their "start menu" and 16x16 is included in their icon sets.

--