Re: Avoiding moving point into minibuffer prompt area

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Avoiding moving point into minibuffer prompt area
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:51:57 -0400

    you at a minibuffer prompt just hold down backspace to delete entered
    characters (this is quite common behaviour in situations like that) then
    Emacs will delete all characters up to the prompt and then show "Text is
    read-only".

Now I understand the issue.  What change could we make?

We could change the error message to say "Prompt is read-only".
Would that make it clearer, do you think?