Re: update of emacsclient.1

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: update of emacsclient.1
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:10:18 +0200

Emilio Lopes wrote:

What people think of changing the above paragraph to

  You can either call emacsclient directly or set the environment
  variable EDITOR to 'emacsclient' and let other programs run it for
  you, thus using an existing Emacs to edit the file.
I think it is good to change the original text. However I would like to suggest to use a more OS neutral text. I do not believe the proposed use of EDITOR always work. Maybe you can say something like "Many programs look in the environment variable EDITOR ... "?

I think it would also be good to mention the desktop integration. I do not know exactly how this look on other OS:es but on my w32 system clicking a file of a type associated with Emacs will open this by calling gnuclientw (which is soon to be replaced by emacsclientw on w32 I hope).