Re: Overlong nodes in the Emacs Lisp Manual

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Overlong nodes in the Emacs Lisp Manual
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:42:21 -0400

    I think not only long nodes should be checked, but also the shortest
    nodes too.  For example, the node `(elisp)Inverse Video' has 11 lines
    and documents a semi-obsolete option `inverse-video'.  Its menu item
    description in its upper node is too general:

      * Inverse Video    Specifying how the screen looks.

I think you are right.  In this case, I simply deleted the node,
since the variable it documented is basically obsolete.

Could you take a look the remaining nodes that are 14 lines or less,
and see if you can find good places to merge them into?
Ignore these
    14 (info "(elisp)Window Configuration Type")
    14 (info "(elisp)Hash Table Type")
    14 (info "(elisp)Frame Configuration Type")
    13 (info "(elisp)Keymap Type")
which probably should not be combined,
and don't try desperately hard.