read_processs_output on closing network servers

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: read_processs_output on closing network servers
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 04:38:26 +0200

Closing a datagram server hangs up Emacs (at least on Windows), on the
call to recvfrom() on read_process_output() (process.c ~ 4799).

Now, I understand the need of calling status_notify() on closing a
server process (as any other process), but I'm not sure I understand
why status_notify() must in turn call read_process_output() while
*closing* network server processes.

Could someone please explain to me why is this necessary?

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u