Re: no such var: user-emacs-directory

From: Emilio C . Lopes
Subject: Re: no such var: user-emacs-directory
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:00:42 +0000 (UTC)

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> `scheme-start-file' in cmuscheme.el now references `user-emacs-directory'
> but that variable is never defined anywhere.  the NEWS blurb mentions it,
> although the docstring says "~/.emacs.d".

I submitted these changes, so it was my fault.  Could someone please
apply the following patch?

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

2005-08-08  Emilio C. Lopes  <address@hidden>

        * cmuscheme.el (scheme-start-file): replaced reference to
        `user-emacs-directory' by "~/.emacs.d/".

*** orig/etc/NEWS
--- mod/etc/NEWS
***************
*** 1757,1763 ****
  evaluate a Scheme expression but no Scheme subprocess is running.

  *** If a file `.emacs_NAME' (where NAME is the name of the Scheme interpreter)
! exists in the user's home directory or in `user-emacs-directory', its
  contents are sent to the Scheme subprocess upon startup.

  *** There are new commands to instruct the Scheme interpreter to trace
--- 1757,1763 ----
  evaluate a Scheme expression but no Scheme subprocess is running.

  *** If a file `.emacs_NAME' (where NAME is the name of the Scheme interpreter)
! exists in the user's home directory or in ~/.emacs.d, its
  contents are sent to the Scheme subprocess upon startup.

  *** There are new commands to instruct the Scheme interpreter to trace

*** orig/lisp/cmuscheme.el
--- mod/lisp/cmuscheme.el
***************
*** 272,278 ****
           (start-file (concat "~/" name)))
      (if (file-exists-p start-file)
          start-file
!       (let ((start-file (concat user-emacs-directory name)))
          (and (file-exists-p start-file) start-file)))))

  (defun scheme-send-region (start end)
--- 272,278 ----
           (start-file (concat "~/" name)))
      (if (file-exists-p start-file)
          start-file
!       (let ((start-file (concat "~/.emacs.d/" name)))