RE: address@hidden: popd in tcsh fails]

From: Dhruva Krishnamurthy (RBIN/EDI3) *
Subject: RE: address@hidden: popd in tcsh fails]
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:52:21 +0530

Hello,
        I do not know what exactly needs to be tested. However, I did
the following.

1. Usng CVS Emacs on SOLARIS
2. tcsh 6.11.00 Version
3. I enabled the customized variables. Not the minor-modes and other
locale info (I do not know how to set those stuff)
4. Set "tcsh" as default shell

Case 1:
1. Invoked "shell" and got into "tcsh" shell in Emacs
2. Changed into some folder
3. Did a "pushd ."
4. Changed to some other folder
5. Did a "popd"
6. I got back to the folder what I had done a "pushd". This is as
expected

Case 2:
1. Invoked "shell" and got into "tcsh" shell in Emacs
2. Changed into some folder ex: /home/blah/bin
3. Did a "pushd /home/blah/stub/src/"
4. The PWD is "/home/blah/stub/src/"
4. Changed to some other folder
5. Did a "popd"
6. I go to "/home/blah/bin"
7. The same happens in a tcsh in console window and also BASH shell.

What am I missing in my testing?

-dk