Re: Windows Icons for GNU from Luise Fernandes logo

From: Markus Gritsch
Subject: Re: Windows Icons for GNU from Luise Fernandes logo
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:50:30 +0200

Lennart Borgman wrote:
Rob Davenport has made MS Windows icons for Emacs from the current logo by Luise Fernandes. I think it would be nice to use those with the MS Windows version of Emacs. Could we do that? What icons are used on other platforms?

The MS Windows icons are available here:

http://users.adelphia.net/~rob.davenport/gnuicons.html

I like the Emacs logo at http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki quite much. IIRC it was done by Daniel Lundin. He sent me the logo with and without the 'emacs'-writing in various formats, and I am currently using it as my Emacs splash-image (see attachment). I also created some Icons containing just the logo (second attachment). Finally I also have a coffee mug labeled with the logo, but, however, it is not attached ;)

Have fun,
Markus

PNG image