Re: widget-choice-action

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: widget-choice-action
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:44:17 -0500 (CDT)

Apart from the `indicate-buffer-boundaries' problem I described before
my patch actually also seems to correct a bug that I seem to remember
was reported a while ago by somebody else, but is still present.  The
example is easier and the problem is more obvious.  Take the following
defcustom:

(defcustom testvar 0 "Great Doc"
  :type '(choice (const nil) (number :value 0) alist))

C-M-x that and do `M-x customize-option testvar'.  Now click on value
menu and select `Alist'.  Result:  invalid ((nil)).  Should not
happen, because nil is a valid alternative for alist.  Using an
explicit (alist :value nil) does not solve the problem.

My patch completely solves this problem.  _Maybe_ there is a better
solution to these two (related) problems, but these two problems need
to be solved one way or the other.

Sincerely,

Luc.