Re: Bad value to a defcustom makes choices unavailable

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Bad value to a defcustom makes choices unavailable
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 13:20:23 -0500 (CDT)

Lennart Borgman wrote:

   Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but in my case I want another value
   than the available choices to be an error. I want the user to be able to
   correct this by choosing one of the available alternatives (ie if they
   were available).

The illegal value could only have been obtained by the user setting it
outside Custom, for instance with a setq in his .emacs.  The user can
not reliably correct the problem through Custom, he has to correct the
problem where the problem originated (probably .emacs).

Sincerely,

Luc.