Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server

From: Guy Gascoigne - Piggford
Subject: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:53:56 -0700

Well that someone was me.

The short version is that I completely dropped the ball on this and
after volunteering to look at porting emacsclient to Windows never had
the time to actually do it.  I updated gnuclient at the time and then
ran out of time when looking at all of the changes in the new emacsclient.

Many moons ago when I looked at emacsclient it was a C client and a C
server in a very similar pattern to gnuclient, now it's a lisp server
wrapping core emacs functionality and a C client.  Whilst I'm probably
quite capable of dealing with the C code, I'm a complete neophyte when
it comes to lisp and so part of my problem is not really having the time
to learn enough lisp to add the support needed to get an acceptable
working version.

I feel pretty bad about this, but can't really kid myself that I'll
suddenly get or make time.

Guy